Saturday, October 4, 2008

Welcome

Hello from Alaska cartoonist Peter Dunlap-Shohl. Here you'll find animations, political cartoons, songs, short comic pieces, and other products of my fevered imagination just as fast as I can create them and put them up.

As cartoonist for the Anchorage Daily News, I've been amusing, annoying, and having fun at the expense of my fellow Alaskans for over a quarter of a century. I plan to continue that here, and to work to amuse and annoy the wider world as well. There is a big ol' archive of my daily News cartoonshere and animations about Alaska politicians, like Sarah Palin and Ted Stevens here.


To get things started, here is a recently completed animated video that tells a shocking story that will blow the lid off an old Hollywood scandal. Drugs, sex, booze and lost innocence combine with a ruthless quest for stardom to form a potent cocktail that will shatter your most precious illusions. Note: This is a work of the imagination, mine, to be exact. So remember to suspend disbelief... until it's over.


4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's some impressive imagination! I like the blinking owl.
    Please continue.
    --an XTreme admirer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dave, It's owl in a day's work.

    Mephisto

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! an instant classic: little guy falls into this earthly carnival only to get crushed beneth the wheels of fate... great work- unique style and look- looking foward to the sequel (p.s. have you entered it the anchorage film festival yet?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mark,

    Terrific synopsis, couldn't have put it better myself.

    Yes, I did submit it to AIFF, on tenterhooks awaiting the word.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete